Monday, June 10, 2013

Ebenezer



  • Here I Raise My Ebenezer, Hither By Thy Help I come  


1 Samuel 7:12

Afterward, Samuel took a stone and set it upright between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,explaining, “The Lord has helped us to this point.”


This was the verse shared in church yesterday.  I was reminded of when Chris graduated from seminary and we gave our family a members a framed stone with the word Ebenezer on it along with this verse.  It was a symbol of our gratitude for allowing God to use them to help us through that stage of life.

As I look back, I can see God's hand helping and leading us all along the way.  So through the sermon yesterday I was encouraged and reminded once again of His unfailing faithfulness and love for me.
Update:  Chris got another correspondence with City on a Hill yesterday.  Sounds like they will have a more definitive answer for us in the next week or so.  At which point they will make Chris possible offer.  If he accepts that offer, they will fly him down there to spend a week with him, getting to know him in person, at which point, if they want to continue to move forward would make him a more firm offer.

I think in the back of my mind I have been waiting for this to all fall through and continue his job search in the states.  But the reality that Au is a very real possibility is really starting to sink in.

Thank you all for your faithful prayers and encouragement.  They are so appreciated and coveted.
Keep them coming.  

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment