Wednesday, May 29, 2013

WARNING: Honesty Ahead.

So, I am not good with being honest with my thoughts and feelings.  I wear a mask around trying to make others believe I got it all together.  However, I recently started reading Jill Savage's latest book "No More Perfect Moms" and today I read. "Once we’re honest with ourselves, it’s much easier to be honest with others. By admitting your needs, you create a safety zone for your friends to do the same."1.   So, here's to vulnerability.

What does all this have to do with this Australia or church plant or...where ??  journey?  Well, I'll tell you.  As I tell friends and family about the details of this pilgrimage most of them get a big smile on my face and a "If that's where God wants us to go, I want to go." But after talking it over with my very wise husband I finally came to the realization that if God wanted us to go to Australia, I didn't want what HE wanted.  That was hard to admit and even harder to say out loud.  To be honest I was worried and scared as I contemplated that possibility.  Far away from my family, Lucas's health care, cost of living... on top of that, I haven't prayed much about it. Just a little "Hey, God, help us know what You want us to do."  every once in a while when i feel overwhelmed and worried.
The neat thing was, that after that conversation with Chris and a little research on Melbourne, Au. I started to get a little less anxious and a little bit excited. I mean how many opportunities will we get to go to Australia?  This may not even happen. But if it does... what an opportunity.
So whether we go Down Under or not, I can see God is doing a work in me through this process and for that I am thankful.

“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” (Joshua 1:9).

Thanks for reading,
Kim


1.Savage, Jill (2013-01-16). No More Perfect Moms: Learn to Love Your Real Life (Kindle Locations 388-389). Moody Publishers. Kindle Edition.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God has blessed you both so tremendously! There is no doubt he will give you both complete peace when it's time for a decision! Hold tight to your faith and you will not be afraid :-)

    ReplyDelete